Spring is right around the corner and that means warmer weather, flowers blooming and hopefully an increase in homes hitting the market! Spring also brings those dreaded words... SPRING CLEANING! Many avoid spring cleaning because it can be overwhelming and, quite frankly, people may not have the time or want to make it a priority. However, spring is a great time to CLEAN OUT- declutter and organize your home. A recent survey by Homes and Gardens showed that 44% of homeowners experienced “mess- stress” weekly. Cluttered homes can cause you to feel anxious or overwhelmed, so it’s time to do something about it!
Begin by creating a schedule to help tackle the tasks of decluttering and organizing.Start with the room you use most often or the room that bothers you the most so you see instant results. The decluttering process could take as little as 10-20 minutes a day or however much time your schedule will allow. A goal is to finish each room or area before moving on to the next space.
Whether your home is in desperate need of organization or you are thinking of selling
your home soon, here are some helpful tips on how to get started decluttering and
1. Goodbye Trash: Do a quick sweep of your home with a trash bag to throw away
any trash, old papers, and broken or mismatched items.
2. Sell: Find items that you no longer want and could sell on online sites or
neighborhood groups. Make sure they are gone within the week.
3. 4 Box Method: 1. Donate 2.Trash 3. 6-month hold 4. Relocate. If you need
something out of the 6 month box within that time frame, it's a keeper, but if you
didn’t use it, donate it.
4. Be a Guest: View each room as a guest instead of the approach “I might need
this someday.” This will help you finish off purging those hard to get rid of items.
1. Baskets: Use baskets or bins to help store items like toys, blankets, toiletries, etc.
2. Label: Use hanging tags or stickers to label bins, baskets or cabinets and give
everything a home!
3. Assess the Space: Get creative with unused or wasted space. Take advantage of
backs of doors, under beds, or vertical space for more storage areas.
Stay with us for more regarding the real estate market, interior decorating, and more! Make sure to reach out with any questions! We would love to help you out with your next buying or listing process!